Friday, April 18, 2008

freecreditreport.com ads

Pirate ad.....

"They say a man should always dress for the job he wants.
So, why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant?
It's all because some hacker stole my identity
And so I'm stuck here every evening serving chowder and iced tea
Should've went to freecreditreport.com
I could've seen this coming at me like an atom bomb!
They monitor your credit and send you email alerts,
so you don't end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts!"

This is a really funny ad. My kids (13 & 11) were singing the lyrics in the car the other night.

I'm a big believer in gaining consumer attention is 90% of the game - I think people have a only the vaguest notion as to ad specifics. The best they can hope for is that consumers sort of remember that freecreditreport.com somehow helps prevent identity theft and that is good. From that standpoint, this ad is a home run. A+. 100!

One question though. Does identity theft force you to work in fast food?

Full disclosure - freecreditreport.com is an advertiser on Divorce360.com

No comments: